Belize Banking Requirements
BELIZE OFFSHORE BANKING SERVICES
International bank accounts enable our clients to manage their finances wherever they are in the world. These accounts are tax-free and not subject to currency controls. Accounts are available to both personal and corporate clients in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Pounds and Euros.
Belize Bank Current Accounts (equivalent to checking Accounts in the USA) are designed to provide you with immediate access to your funds either by wire transfer or banker’s draft.
Key Features of Current Accounts:
- Available in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Pounds and Euros
- 24-hour online banking
- Visa & MasterCard Credit Card
- Visa Debit card
- Checkbooks available, upon request
- Standing orders
- A monthly statement is provided free of charge
- Minimum deposit of US$1,000 (or currency equivalent) to open accounts should be maintained at all times
- Overdraft available upon request (refer to Credit) Other Ancillary Services: Wire Transfers Bank Drafts Online Banking
BANKING REQUIREMENTS TO OPEN A PERSONAL OR CORPORATE ACCOUNT
- References – An original reference is required on the beneficial owner, director/s, and signatories to the account.
- References from a bank (preferred), a practicing attorney or a certified accountant are acceptable. References
- should be recent (issued not more than three months), prepared on the entity’s official stationery and should
- indicate the following: a period of relationship for at least (2) years; type of relationship conducted; status of
- Photo Identification – A clear notarized copy of a valid driver’s license or current passport is required
- Confirmation of Address – If a Personal Account – complete residential address of account holder
- If a Corporate Account – complete address of controlling office
- Copy of a utility bill (issued not more than three months)
Additional for Corporate Bank Accounts:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles and Memorandum of Association or By-Laws
- Certificate of Good Standing (if company exists for more than (1) year)
- Subscribers appointment of the company’s director/s
- Letter of Undertaking (applicable in the case of bearer shares – stating if the ownership of the shares changes, the
- Bank will be informed in keeping with its obligation to know its clients)
- Certificate of Shareholders/Subscribers
Note: If the company is not registered in Belize, all corporate documents should be certified and translated to English where necessary.
Depending on the type of account you want to open, additional documentation may be required.
NO PERSONAL INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED